Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sarah Palin! She has normal cute hair!

I am so excited about the new VP nominee. I, like a lot of other conservatives was not excited at all about McCain. But now with Palin I feel like there is hope. She is such a awesome women with out her political experience that with it she's amazing. I really love that she is in the race. I did some research about what she has accomplished in Alaska here is what I found out.

The state has a savings account! a savings account because of her. She is big on tax reform and cutting government spending.

A lot of people are going to bring up the fact that her husband works for the oil company's, saying that she's "in bed with them" This is completely untrue. Palin implemented the highest tax on oil companies in Alaskan history. With that money she was able to give everyone a $1200.00 tax rebate!

Palin has said that she is as "Pro life as any candidate can be". She's a great role model for the cause considering that her last child was born with downs syndrome. Palin found out at the beginning of the pregnancy.

Palin is a life long member of the NRA.

Her approval rating is in the 80-90% REALLY!

She was elected Governor despite the anti-republican feel that the race took.

Her son enlisted in the Army last year on September 11 and is now in IRAQ.

Fighting corruption; The prior administration in Alaska was corrupt. Palins first action as governor was to sell a jet purchased by the prior administration on state credit. She sacked several appointee's of the old governors due to what sounds like "none action" and bias. Here is a direct quote regarding this particular appointee. "Alaskans voted for change," said Palin. "Not just at the top level, but throughout government. Mr. Clark is on record opposing any pipeline proposals outside of the one he helped craft. That's a bias the ANGDA board doesn't need."

She reportedly broke in to the state republican boss's computer to find out if he had broken the state ethics law while a member of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. The republican boss resigned quickly thereafter. A technician said " it looked like he tried to delete this, but she knew a way to go around and get some of the deleted stuff". She means business.

She is suing the bush administration to prevent polar bears from being put on the endangered species list.

She is for drilling in ANWR

Her credentials;
(Obama's would read elected to senate ran for president, I would really like to know even three things that Obama has actually done not just voted on. He doesn't even have executive experience. I am just confused as to why he is capable for the actual president seat? It's funny our vice president nominee is more qualified then there presidential nominee. Sarah Palin has actually produced the kind of Change that Obama can only talk about. HAHA.)
Palin has only been Governor since December 4, 2006, but she has done so much in so little time
Palin's ten years Obama's junior. Prior to her Governorship, she served on the City Council of Wasilla, a medium-sized city (for Alaska) and then as Mayor for another two terms. She resigned from her position as Ethics Commissioner on the state's Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in protest over what she perceived to be the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders. Also, she is the mother five children, including her special-needs son. Think that will stop her? Palin was to deliver a speech when her water broke; she delivered the speech, gave birth, then returned to the Governor's chair three days later.
That I thought was extremely impressive. I could go on. She means what she says and is a doer. She has a actual recored for keeping her promises. She's a saver and values our hard earned money. And hey she's a woman. I love her! McCain This is the first great decision you have made. Good Job!

Just remember this: In 1900, President William McKinley used his running-mate to stump for him, and he was so effective that many people thought that they were voting for the Vice-President, not McKinley.
That VP was Theodore Roosevelt.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I love her too! She is really what they needed. A fresh face and a woman. I had wanted Hilary, because I figured it was time a woman was elected, but I really do like her and her cute little family. Thanks for all the research you did Carly, we are finally voting for the same person. I don't trust Obama at all and had almost decided not to even vote, but I think you are right about her so she has my vote.

Anonymous said...

I am glad your voting I think it's important even if you right in Hillary. It's something I think that we all need to do to exercise our rights. But hey I'm not trying to talk you out of voting for Palin I knew you would like her though. She's going to be the next Regan. I really do think that everyone is going to love her.

These Are The Days said...

Hey Carly,

Can't wait to see what color your hair will be when you come. :)I'm working out the menu for your trip, I'm thinking...zuchini everything!

Jackie said...

Saturday Night Live had on the funniest comedy about Sarah and Hillary. If you like Tina Fay like I do you'll want to watch this. Its so so funny, I couldn't stop laughing. Here's the link:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/palin-hillary-open/656281/

Mom